Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth
Pure Beauty

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Miracle

I feel that I did personally encounter a miracle in my life. It occurred once the AID's epidemic came to light, everyone was freaking out about the disease and assuming that you could get AID's just by shaking hands with someone that was infected with the disease.
My miracle occurred the day that I went to my then orthopaedic surgeon for a follow up on a hip replacement that I had. He met with me and told me that he was very concerned about something and wanted to talk it over with me. He went on to say that his staff had reviewed my surgical records, and confirmed that I had had a total of 52 units of blood during all of the procedures that I have had on my hips during the last several years. He went on to explain that all of the units of blood that I was given, was not tested for the AID's virus because they were not screening the blood for AID's at that time. My Dr. insisted that I go get my blood work done, testing specifically for AID's.
Naturally I was very worried, counting in my head the 52 different chances that I had of receiving a unit of blood that contained the HIV virus in it, as well as the good hearted well intended person that donated the unit of blood, not realizing that they may be donating contaminated blood, or a death sentence to the unsuspecting recipient.
Those following days were the longest days of my life, waiting and waiting as each day passed until the call finally came! The voice still echo's in my ear, the one that told me that my test results were negative for the AID's virus. The years following my AID's test results, I continued to hear about person after person that got the AID's virus from an earlier blood transfusion. Hearing this time and time again reminded me of the miracle that I received. These people that were being told that they now have AID's after the one or two units they received, I was thinking about my 52 units, and the miracle that I was blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment